Apply Special High School
CSS to Hide Title
Special - High School Student
Students who wish to apply to become a High School Special Student, or as part of the Youth Options or Course Options programs at UW-Platteville should complete the following steps:
- Access the UW System Online Admission Application. There you can apply online (preferred method) or download a copy of the application for printing purposes. Please do not use any other version of the application.
Online Application: Select the “High School Special/Youth Options/Course Options Program” then one of the following options:
Applying as: “High School Special and Youth Options”
- Select this category if you are currently in high school and plan to enroll in an undergraduate class while still enrolled in high school.
Applying as: “Course Options Program”
- Select this category if you are currently in high school and plan to enroll in an undergraduate class through the Course Options program.
- Applying as: “High School Special and Youth Options”
Complete the entire application and submit. Paper applications can be mailed to the following address:
- Office of Admission, UW-Platteville | 1 University Plaza | Platteville, WI 53818
- Obtain permission of the high school principal or counselor and submit in writing to the Office of Admission.
- Have official high school transcripts sent to the UW Platteville Office of Admission.
Youth Options: Submit Program Application Form PI-8700-A with appropriate signatures to the school district in which the student is enrolled.
- Visit https://dpi.wi.gov/youthoptions for detailed instructions and to download the Program Application Form, PI-8700-A.
Course Options: Complete and submit the Student Application Form F8900 with appropriate signatures.
- Visit https://dpi.wi.gov/courseoptions for detailed instructions and to download the Student Application.
High School Special Student: Complete steps one through five.
- If you are applying for summer classes, please contact the Registrar’s Office to obtain the special student application.
- Youth Options: Submit Program Application Form PI-8700-A with appropriate signatures to the school district in which the student is enrolled.
Once all materials are received, the application will be reviewed and communication will be sent to the school and directly to the student regarding his or her admission status.