Residual Placement Testing
Residual Testing is only available to UW-Platteville students
Regional testing is available at many UW-System campuses from mid-March through late June. You should only choose the Residual Testing option if you are unable to test at a regional location or though Computer Based Testing at Castle World Wide.
- Take the test here at UW-Platteville on the dates listed below. New incoming freshmen will complete registration for the residual placement tests through the NSR system in PASS, all other students (transfer, continuing, or youth options) will need to complete the application. Confirmation and materials will be sent to you 1 week prior to the exam. We will charge a $25 testing fee on your tuition bill for taking this exam. We would have the scores back for you by late afternoon.
- Contact UW-Madison by calling (608) 262-5863 to see when they offer the test.
- Take the placement exam through Castle World Wide. You will need to look up a location that is closest to you for testing, and register for the test through UW-System Placement testing (choose option 2). There is a $80 for 1 test, $90 for 2 tests, and $100 for 3 tests. With this option, there’s no timeline on when we’d have the scores back, it could be up to 2-3 weeks.
Residual Testing Date for UW-Platteville students
- Thursday, January 18, 2018 (for incoming spring 2018 students only)
New Freshmen Registration
UW-Platteville offers Residual Testing for those students who plan to attend UW-Platteville in fall 2017, and are unable to take a paper/pencil test at a Regional Testing location or through a Computer Based Testing center. In order to register for these exams, new freshmen must register through PASS using the New Student Registration (NSR) portal when selecting your NSR date.
* It is important to note that when registering for residual testing, that students should choose the following day for their New Student Registration date when registering for the program
Transfer, Current or Youth Option Registration
Students who are transfering to, currently attending or planning to take courses through Youth Options and need UW System placement testing, must complete the Residual Testing form. For questions please Academic Support Programs at (608)342-3992 or by emailing email@example.com.
A $25 fee will be placed on the semester tuition bill after you have completed the exam.
Information About the UW-System Placement Test
Students are exempt from testing ONLY:
- Completion of college-level courses in mathematics or English, AP or CLEP courses AND
- UW-Platteville has received your official college (not high school) transcript, AP or CLEP report and the courses are on your account.
All new freshmen planning to enroll at UW-Platteville are required to submit results of the Math and English UW System Placement tests prior to New Student Registration.
- ACT, SAT, COMPASS or Accuplacer scores do not fulfill either requirement
- A Foreign Language Placement test is optional
- Placement test scores are part of your student record and used by your advisor to plan your course schedule. Students who have not taken the placement tests may not be able to enroll in math or English courses until test scores are received
- A $25 test fee is charged to your UW-Platteville semester billing statement
- A photo ID will be required at the testing location
- Other materials to bring for the exam are a non-graphing calculator and #2 pencils
Accomodations for Testing
Students who need accomodations for testing due to a disability - should not register online for either paper/pencil or computer-based testing (CBT).
Processing of accommodation requests for students entering in the Fall, 2018 will begin on February 1, 2018.
If you wish to request special accommodations due to a disability, please send a letter on your high school letterhead (please do not send an IEP) from a teacher, counselor or principal who will:
1. Describe what test accommodations are appropriate for you,
2. Include your address, telephone number, email address and date of birth,
3. Include which site you wish to test at, if you want to test at the Minneapolis site or the College of DuPage site, please include your preferred test dates (unless you are testing through our CBT program at a Castle Worldwide testing site, then just mention you want to test using CBT),
4. Include what campus you plan to attend in the fall.
Send this information to Tim O’Connor, 1025 West Johnson Street, Madison, WI 53706 or email it to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
After submitting this information, you will receive a response from Tim O'Connor and will then need to contact the location you have indicated you want to test at. Please be patient, this process can take up to several weeks.
|UW system placement testing||quad cities placement testing|
|report missing placement test scores|
|Test Registration for Transfer, Youth Option and Current students|
All Electronic devices (cell phone, Fitbit, tablet, iWatch, spy glasses, or other such devices) are not allowed in the testing rooms. Any student with these devices will be asked to leave them with the test proctor when checking in to the testing room, and they will receive them back at the end of the testing day.
What to bring:
- Photo ID
- #2 pencils (2 or more) and an extra eraser
- Non-graphing calculator
Where to go:
- Arrive in the lower level Ullsvik Hall between 7:30 and 7:50 am
- Students are seated as rooms on a first come, first served basis
- 8:00-10:00 am- Math
- 10:10-11:50 am- English
- 12:00-1:00 pm- Foreign Language
- Academic Intervention
- Academic Coaching
- Academic Advisor Resources
- Transfer Students
- New Student Registration
- Parent Support
- Majors at UW-Platteville
- Placement Testing
- Student Academic Success Seminars
- Student Advising Resources
- Success Resources
- Academic Support Programs
- Frequently Asked Questions
Academic Support Programs
3rd floor Brigham Hall
1 University Plaza
Platteville, WI 53818
Check out all of the Academic Support Program Resources!