UW-System Regional Placement Testing
|UW System Regional Testing|
|residual placement testing||quad cities placement testing|
|reporting missing placement test scores|
|Test Registration for transfer, Youth Option and current Students|
PLACEMENT TESTING IS REQUIRED FOR ALL NEW STUDENTS ATTENDING UW-SYSTEM SCHOOLS
You are not required to test at UW-Platteville, as there are many test locations that may be closer to your home, or through computer based testing (at an additional cost) at a Castle World Wide location.
UW-Platteville will host the UW-System Placement Tests (paper/pencil) again in Spring 2019. Registration for the paper/pencil exams begins on February 1, 2019 using the UW-System testing registration portal:
Sign up for Computer Based Testing (CBT) through the UW-System Placement testing website. Tests are taken at Castle Worldwide testing locations.
Information about the UW-System Placement Test
The UW-System Placement Testing registration site for the spring 2019 testing cycle for paper/pencil exams will open on February 1, 2019 and March 1, 2019 for Computer Based Testing (CBT). Placement tests are available as paper/pencil or through Computer Based Testing (CBT) at Castle Worldwide testing locations.
Students who completed placement testing more than 1 year prior to their start at UW-Platteville may be required to re-take the test. Please complete the form to have your scores reviewed and determine if you need to re-take the exam or not.
All Electronic devices (cell phone, fitbit, tablet, iWatch, spy glasses, or other such devices) are not allowed in the testing rooms. Any student with these devices will be asked to leave them with the test proctor when checking in to the testing room, and they will receive them back at the end of the testing day.
What to bring:
- A photo ID will be required at the testing location.
- Non-graphing calculator
- #2 pencils
- After February 1, 2019, to register for the regional tests paper/pencil exam, go to the UW-System Placement Test website, and click on "Show Dates". Choose the date and location most convenient for you. Note: If you plan to do your testing through Computer Based Testing (CBT) at a Castle Worldwide location, registration will not begin until March 1, 2019.
- After you have chosen your date/location, you will proceed to the next page, where you enter your contact information. You will need to check your email (including your spam) for an email from the UW-System with a code that you will need to use to register for the test/location. Keep this code!
- Register as soon as possible- especially if you need a specific date or test site, as some dates and sites fill quickly.
- Administration of the placement tests takes place at 26 different locations around the state on a variety of dates from mid-March through the end of June.
- When selecting your test date, check with coaches, music directors, etc., and look at your high school calendar to ensure you have no conflicts.
- Print out your selection for date and location of your test registration.
- If you are unable to take the UW System Placement Test at one of the Regional Locations, you can test at one of the many Castle Worldwide locations. Registration for the Castle Worldwide locations is done through the same registration portal at UW System Placement Test website. Note: There is an additional charge for placement testing through Castle Worldwide and is paid upfront: $80 for one test; $90 for two tests; and $100 for three tests. NOTE: Registration for this type of testing does not begin until March 1, 2019.
- Cancelling or Changing your date? Go back to your original email from the UW-System and use the code from this email to make your changes. If you are cancelling, you will need to go to the bottom of the drop down list of dates for your location. Do not contact your testing location to change or cancel your date.
Specific Information for UW-Platteville students
- All new freshmen planning to enroll at UW-Platteville are required to submit results of the Math and English UW System Placement tests 3 weeks prior to their New Student Registration date. *Note: simply going into your PASS account and registering for NSR does not register you for UW-System Placement testing.
- ACT or SAT scores do not fulfill either requirement for math or English
- A Foreign Language Placement test is optional at UW-Platteville
- Placement test scores are part of your student record and used by your advisor to plan your course schedule. Students who have not taken the placement tests may not be able to enroll in math or English courses until test scores are received
- A $25 test fee is charged to your UW-Platteville fall billing statement (fees vary by campus).
- If you change your Placement Test date through the UW-System Placement Testing portal, please let UW-Platteville Academic Support Programs know by calling (608)342-1081 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
exemptions from the UW-System Placement tests
Students planning to enroll at UW-Platteville must contact UW-Platteville Academic Support Programs (608)342-3991 to determine if they will be exempt from testing.
The following are ways that a student could be exempt from taking the exams:
- Completion of college-level courses in mathematics or English, AP or CLEP credits AND
- UW-Platteville has received your official college (not high school) transcript, AP or CLEP report and the courses are on your account.
Residual Testing for UW-Platteville New Freshmen
UW-Platteville will be offering Residual Testing for those students who plan to attend UW-Platteville in fall 2018, and are unable to take a paper/pencil test at a Regional Placement Testing site, or through a Computer Based Testing center. In order to register for these exams, first year students need to register through the New Student Registration (NSR) website when selecting your NSR date.
Please note: It is important to consider taking the test at a Regional Placement Testing site on a weekend or through Computer Based Testing at a Castle Worldwide testing center. This option is to only be chosen if you cannot make it to one of the other options.
Residual Testing Dates:
- Thursday, August 30, 2018
AccomModations for Testing
Students who need accommodations for testing due to a disability - should not register online for either paper/pencil or computer-based testing (CBT).
Processing of accommodation requests for students entering in the fall 2018 will begin on February 1, 2018.
If you wish to request special accommodations due to a disability, please send a letter on your high school letterhead (please do not send an IEP) from a teacher, counselor or principal who will:
- Describe what test accommodations are appropriate for you,
- Include your address, telephone number, email address and date of birth,
- Include which site you wish to test at, if you want to test at the Minneapolis site or the College of DuPage site, please include your preferred test dates (unless you are testing through our CBT program at a Castle Worldwide testing site, then just mention you want to test using CBT),
- Include what campus you plan to attend in the fall.
Send this information to Tim O’Connor, 1025 West Johnson Street, Madison, WI 53706 or email it to: email@example.com.
After submitting this information, you will receive a response from Tim O'Connor and will then need to contact the location you have indicated you want to test at. Please be patient, this process can take up to several weeks.
Residual Testing for UW-Platteville Transfer, Current and Youth Option Students
Students who are transferring, or are current UW-Platteville students who need to take the placement tests, can take the UW-System Placement tests at a regional testing date, through Castle Worldwide testing center, or residually through UW-Platteville.
Students who completed placement testing more than 1 year prior to their start at UW-Platteville may be required to re-take the test. Please use this form for verification.
Please use the following links to register for the tests:
A $25 fee will be placed on the semester tuition bill after you have completed the exam.
All Electronic devices (cell phone, Fitbit, tablet, iWatch, spy glasses, or other such devices) are not allowed in the testing rooms. Any student with these devices will be asked to leave them with the test proctor when checking in to the testing room, and they will receive them back at the end of the testing day.
What to bring
- Photo ID
- #2 pencils (2 or more) and an extra eraser
- Non-graphing calculator
Where to go
- Arrive in Ullsvik Hall between 7:30 and 8 am
- Students are seated as rooms on a first come, first served basis
- 8:00-10:00 am- Math
- 10:10-11:50 am- English
- 12:00-1:00 pm- Foreign Language
Click here for more information about residual testing.
- Academic Intervention
- Academic Coaching
- Academic Advisor Resources
- Transfer Students
- New Student Registration
- Parent Support
- Majors at UW-Platteville
- Placement Testing
- Student Academic Success Seminars
- Student Advising Resources
- Success Resources
- Academic Support Programs
- Frequently Asked Questions
Academic Support Programs
3rd floor Brigham Hall
1 University Plaza
Platteville, WI 53818
Check out all of the Academic Support Program Resources!