UW-System Regional Placement Testing
|UW System Regional Testing|
|residual placement testing||quad cities placement testing|
|reporting missing placement test scores|
|Test Registration for transfer, Youth Option and current Students|
PLACEMENT TESTING IS REQUIRED FOR ALL NEW STUDENTS ATTENDING UW-SYSTEM SCHOOLS
You are not required to test at UW-Platteville, as there are many test locations that may be closer to your home, or through computer based testing (at an additional cost) at a Castle World Wide location.
All regional test dates have now closed. Please contact UW-Platteville for options for testing for the upcoming year at (608)342-1081 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information about the UW-System Placement Test
The UW-System Placement Testing registration site for the spring 2017 testing cycle will open on February 1, 2017. Placement tests are available as paper/pencil or Computer Based Testing (CBT)
All Electronic devices (cell phone, fitbit, tablet, iWatch, spy glasses, or other such devices) are not allowed in the testing rooms. Any student with these devices will be asked to leave them with the test proctor when checking in to the testing room, and they will receive them back at the end of the testing day.
What to bring:
- A photo ID will be required at the testing location.
- Non-graphing calculator
- #2 pencils
- After February 1, 2017, to register for the regional tests, go to the UW-System Placement Test website and choose which test you plan to take (paper/pencil or Computer Based Testing), and click on "Show Dates". Choose the date and location most convenient for you.
- After you have chosen your date/location, you will proceed to the next page, where you enter your contact information. You will need to check your email (including your spam) for an email from the UW-System with a code that you will need to use to register for the test/location. Keep this code!
- Register as soon as possible- especially if you need a specific date or test site, as some dates and sites fill quickly.
- Administration of the placement tests takes place at 26 different locations around the state on a variety of dates from mid-March through the end of June.
- When selecting your test date, check with coaches, music directors, etc., and look at your high school calendar to ensure you have no conflicts.
- Print out your selection for date and location of your test registration.
- If you are unable to take the UW System Placement Test at one of the Regional Locations, you can test at one of the many Castle Worldwide locations. Registration for the Castle Worldwide locations is done through the same registration portal at UW System Placement Test website. Note: There is an additonal charge for placement testing through Castle Worldwide and is paid upfront: $80 for one test; $90 for two tests; and $100 for three tests.
- Cancelling or Changing your date? Go back to your original email from the UW-System and use the code from this email to make your changes.If you are cancelling, you will need to go to the bottom of the drop down list of dates for your location. Do not contact your testing location to change or cancel your date.
Specific Information for UW-Platteville students
- All new freshmen planning to enroll at UW-Platteville are required to submit results of the Math and English UW System Placement tests 3 weeks prior to their New Student Registration date. *Note: simply going into your PASS account and registering for NSR does not register you for UW-System Placement testing.
- ACT or SAT scores do not fulfill either requirement for math or English
- A Foreign Language Placement test is optional at UW-Platteville
- Placement test scores are part of your student record and used by your advisor to plan your course schedule. Students who have not taken the placement tests may not be able to enroll in math or English courses until test scores are received
- A $25 test fee is charged to your UW-Platteville fall billing statement (fee's vary by campus).
exemptions from the UW-System Placement tests
Students planning to enroll at UW-Platteville must contact UW-Platteville Academic Support Programs (608)342-3991 to determine if they will be exempt from testing.
The following are ways that a student could be exempt from taking the exams:
- Completion of college-level courses in mathematics or English, AP or CLEP credits AND
- UW-Platteville has received your official college (not high school) transcript, AP or CLEP report and the courses are on your account.
Residual Testing for UW-Platteville New Freshmen
UW-Platteville will be offering Residual Testing for those students who plan to attend UW-Platteville in fall 2017, and are unable to take a paper/pencil test at a Regional Placement Testing site, or through a Computer Based Testing center. In order to register for these exams, first year students need to register through the New Student Registration (NSR) website when selecting your NSR date.
Please note: It is important to consider taking the test at a Regional Placement Testing site on a weekend or through the Computer Based Testing Center. This option is to only be chosen if you cannot make it to one of the other options.
Residual Testing Dates:
- Thursday, August 31, 2017
Residual Testing for UW-Platteville Transfer, Current and Youth Option Students
Students who are transferring, or are current UW-Platteville students who need to take the placement tests, can take the UW-System Placement tests at a regional testing date, through Castle Worldwide testing center, or residually through UW-Platteville.
All Electronic devices (cell phone, Fitbit, tablet, iWatch, spy glasses, or other such devices) are not allowed in the testing rooms. Any student with these devices will be asked to leave them with the test proctor when checking in to the testing room, and they will receive them back at the end of the testing day.
What to bring
- Photo ID
- #2 pencils (2 or more) and an extra eraser
- Non-graphing calculator
Where to go
- Arrive in Ullsvik Hall between 7:30 and 8 am
- Students are seated as rooms on a first come, first served basis
- 8:00-10:00 am- Math
- 10:10-11:50 am- English
- 12:00-1:00 pm- Foreign Language
Click here for more information about residual testing.
- Academic Intervention
- Academic Coaching
- Academic Advisor Resources
- Transfer Students
- New Student Registration
- Parent Support
- Majors at UW-Platteville
- Placement Testing
- Student Academic Success Seminars
- Student Advising Resources
- Success Resources
- Academic Support Programs
- Frequently Asked Questions
Academic Support Programs
3rd floor Brigham Hall
1 University Plaza
Platteville, WI 53818
Check out all of the Academic Support Program Resources!