highlighting student research, scholarship, and creative endeavors
Annually, the Office of Undergraduate Research and Creative Endeavors sponsors the URCE Symposium to celebrate the diversity of student achievement taking place at UW-Platteville. This is a forum for students to present their research findings and creative accomplishments. We encourage students in all academic departments, programs, and colleges to present their original research. The event includes selected student talks, a poster session, as well as performances and demonstrations of projects.
For students who are interested in pursuing research, attending the URCE Symposium is a great opportunity to learn about the process from your peers! Meet researchers in your area of interest to find out about resources and opportunities.
FAQ and guidelines
Event date: Wednesday, April 27, 2016
Submission DEADLINE: April 15, 2016
Location: Ullsvik Hall, UW-Platteville
- Projects must be completed by current undergraduate students under the supervision or in collaboration with a faculty mentor.
- The research or creative endeavor must go above and beyond the normal classroom requirements.
- Works may include independent studies, creative writing, original works of art, or traditional research projects.
- Presentation formats include but are not limited to oral presentations, poster displays, musical performances, or other suggestions.
- Poster displays must adhere to the URCE Symposium guidelines. *SEE LINKS on right
Students accepted to the URCE Symposium may have their work considered for posting to and publication in The Pioneer Journal: the online journal for the Office of Undergraduate Research and Creative Endeavors.
Submissions may be completed electronically or delivered to the Office of Undergraduate Research and Creative Endeavors at 515 Pioneer Tower.