Purpose and Duties:
- Reviews academic staff personnel policies and procedures and makes recommendations to the Academic Staff Senate concerning interpretation or revision.
- Reviews implementation of the academic staff titling system decisions to ensure internal equity and application of consistent principles for the maintenance of the UW-System Unclassified Title and Salary Structure.
- Serves as the first hearing body, following appropriate administrative review, of any academic personnel complaint or grievance.
- Serves as the academic staff affirmative action committee.
- Serves as an appeal panel of any academic staff appeal of a denial of a requested retitling or promotion made at the level of the Director of Human Resources or appropriate administrative officer.
Composition of Commission:
- One (1) representative from each of the five service areas on the academic staff.
- One (1) at-large representative.
- One (1) member of the Academic Staff Senate.
- Director of Human Resources
- Affirmative Action Officer