Puropse and Duties
- Advises the Associate Vice Chancellor for Information Services on academic computer matters and approves course-related information technology policy and course-related software and hardware issues.
- Provides a forum for suggestions, questions, and concerns from faculty, staff and students with respect to academic information technology.
- Reviews the annual budget of the Office of Information Technology prior to its submission.
- Encourages and promotes the effective usage of information technology on campus.
Composition of Commission
- Seven faculty with two from BILSA and LAE, and three from EMS. One of the EMS representatives shall be from the department of Computer Science and Software Engineering. Faculty shall serve three-year staggered terms, appointed by the Faculty Senate upon the recommendation of the Appointments and Elections Committee.
- One library representative, appointed by the Faculty Senate.
- One teaching academic staff representative.
- Two students.
- Ex-Officio (non-voting): Associate Vice Chancellor for Information Services