Purpose and Duties
Informs the Provost, the Registrar, and the Director of Admission and Enrollment Services after:
- taking action on unusual cases of admission which are questionable for academic or other reasons;
- hearing appeals from students who question or want clarification on their admission or scholastic probationary status, or grades given by a faculty member;
- reviewing applications for excessive credit loads of students;
- hearing appeals from students who believe that they have extenuating circumstances and therefore are requesting a waiver of an excess credit surcharge. (All resident undergraduates who have accumulated 165 credits or 30 credits more than their degree requires for completion of the degree, whichever is greater, will be charged a surcharge equal to 100% of the regular resident tuition, on credits beyond that level).
Composition of Committee
- Minimum of sixteen faculty with at least four from each college.
- Ex-Offio (voting):
- Director of First Year Experiences.
- Coordinator of Advising and Career Exploration Services.
- Director of the Engineering Advising Office.
- Director of Office of Multicultural Student Affairs.
- Director of Student Support Services.
- Ex-Offio (non-voting):
- Associate Vice Chancellor