Reimbursement of Tuition and Fees for Job-Related Coursework and Training
- Applications for tuition reimbursement must be submitted through the appropriate administrative review and approval process and must be received in the Office of the Vice Chancellor at least two weeks prior to the beginning of the fall, spring, or summer sessions. Under no circumstances will a tuition/fee reimbursement request be honored in a retroactive manner. An explanatory memorandum and application form are distributed to each eligible UWP employee during the spring semester. Additional application forms are available in the Vice Chancellor's Office.
- Applications are evaluated for appropriateness under the criteria of GAPP #25. Normally the tuition/fee reimbursement program will not fund the completion of a degree program.
- Employee or employer requests which meet the applicable criteria are funded at up to 100% of the UW-Platteville on-campus basic academic fees. Costs of textbooks, segregated fees, and class material are not normally reimbursed. A receipt verifying payment of academic fees and evidence of course completion (usually a copy of the grade report) must be submitted to the Vice Chancellor's Office within 30 days of the end of the term. Submissions after the deadline will not be reimbursed. Reimbursement is contingent upon satisfactory completion of the coursework.
- This program is a budgeted item with limited funding available for a given term. Applications judged to be appropriate are approved to the extent that funds are available on a first-come, first served basis.
- The program is available only to employees who hold half-time or greater appointments.
- Normally, no more than one course (up to 5 credits) may be authorized for reimbursement for an academic term (semester).
- Tuition reimbursement for coursework must be reported as taxable income.