Purpose and Duties:
- Recommends and reviews policies governing intercollegiate athletics of the University and exercises general oversight of the programs (excluding personnel matters), the facilities for those programs, and all other matters connected with the handling of athletic events.
- Promotes intercollegiate athletics by surveying needs, evaluating current programs, and making recommendations for the improvement and development of such programs and facilities.
- Monitors the status of equity in athletics to determine the progress in meeting equity goals.
Composition of Committee:
- Six (6) faculty, particular attention must be made to gender equity.
- Four (4) students chosen by Student Senate.
- One (1) alumnus; non-UWP faculty, appointed by the President of the UWP Alumni Association.
- One (1) academic staff.
- Director of Intercollegiate Athletics (non-voting)
- Assistant to the Chancellor for Student Affairs
- WIAC Faculty Representative (voting)
- WIAC Representative (voting)