Purpose and Duties
- Hears and investigates complaints and grievances which have previously been heard by not resolved at the individual, departmental, college of university level.
- Hears and investigates complaints and grievances when hearing the complaint or grievance at a lower level is inappropriate.
- Assures that pertinent rules and procedures are f ollowed including those identified in UWS 6.01 and 6.02.
Composition of Commission
- Five faculty members shall be appointed by the Faculty Senate upon recommendation of the Appointments and Elections Committee, except that:
- No more than one member shall be from any one department or program,
- Each member shall be appointed to a three-year term and a member may serve two consecutive terms, and
- All members shall be tenured.