Purpose and Duties:
- Instructs the graduates and the faculty concerning procedures and academic attire.
- Selects and instructs the marshals.
- Arranges for the proper placement of the faculty, the graduates, and the Chancellor's party in the processional and recessional lines, including consideration for individuals with special needs.
- Makes physical and equipment arrangements for the commencement exercises, such as public address system, seating, ushers, musical accompaniment, and stage setting.
- Arranges for the printing and distribution of programs, invitations, and tickets.
- Recommends the commencement and valedictory speaker, a topic or theme, and appropriate music.
Composition of Committee:
- Nine (9) faculty members, at least three from each college
- Two (2) academic staff, nominated by Academic Staff Senate
- Four (4) students, chosen by Student Senate
- One Representative (faculty or staff) from Graduate Council
- Physical Plant Representative
- Campus Police Representative
- Chancellor's Program Assistant
- UW Foundation Representative
- Television Services