Purpose and Duties
- Monitors the use and care of animals at UW-Platteville in order to assure compliance with the Federal Animal Welfare Act, Act 7 USC. 2131-2157.
- Insures compliance with state regulations regarding the use and care of animals, specifically farm animals.
- Publish and maintain a manual of policy and procedures for research and curricular use of animals.
Composition of Committee
- Three (3) faculty, including one from Biology and one from the School of Agriculture.
- One (1) academic staff.
- Two (2) community representatives, one appointed by the Platteville Common Council and one Veterinarian appointed by the Southwest Veterinarian Association.
- One (1) student.
- Ex-Officio: Director of Sponsored Programs