Purpose and Duties
Participates with University administration in the continuous development and review of both short- and long-range academic plans and participates in the continuous review of the implementation of those plans by the Departments, Colleges, and the University.
Composition of Council
- Six faculty, two from each college, elected by the college for three-year, non-consecutive terms, except that Faculty Senate offices are not eligible.
- Two at-large faculty, elected by the general faculty for three-year, non-consecutive terms, except that Faculty Senate officers are not eligible.
- One academic staff representative.
- One student representative.
- Non-Voting Members
- One from the University Budget Commission
- One from the University Undergraduate Curriculum Commission
- One from the Academic Information Technology Commission
- One from the Library, appointed by Faculty Senate
- One from the Faculty Senate