Purpose and Duties
- Hears any faculty member's appeal of a decision not to renew a probationary member's appointment, or to deny tenure at the completion of the maximum probationary period, made by a Department Review Body, the tenured members of a department or its functional equivalent, or a College RST Committee, according to the appeal procedure set forth in the Faculty Bylaws, Part III, Article VIII, Section 3.
- Acts as an appeal body on the request of any faculty or academic staff member against whom the Chancellor has filed charges which may lead to dismissal. In such circumstances, the Commission shall act as a hearing agent for the Board of Regents pursuant to Section 227.12 Wisconsin Statutes, and in accordance with all procedures set forth in UWS 4.
- Acts as an appeal body on the request of any faculty or academic staff member laid off because of financial emergency, in accordance with all of the procedures set forth in UWS 5.
Composition of Commission
- There shall be nine members on the commission appointed by the Faculty Senate upon recommendation of the Appointments and Elections Committee except that:
- there shall be no more than one member from any one department,
- there shall be no member currently serving on the CRST committee,
- each member shall be appointed to a three-year term and a member may serve two consecutive terms, and
- all members shall be tenured.