Purpose and Duties:
- On an annual basis the council will identify and advocate for university-wide issues that are of particular interest to women on campus.
- At the beginning of each academic year, the council will forward these issues to the appropriate committee for consideration and possible action. If there is no appropriate committee the council may recommend the establishment of ad hoc committees.
- The council will recognize and promote the accomplishments and contributions of women to the University of Wisconsin - Platteville and higher education.
- The council will advise the Provost / Chancellor regarding women's issues on campus.
Composition of Council:
- One representative appointed annually by the appropriate body upon recommendation of each of the following:
- Classified Staff
- Faculty Senate Member
- Academic Staff Senate Member
- Individuals in the following positions:
- BILSA Equity and Diversity Committee Chair
- MERC Academic Coordinator
- Director of Student Health Services
- Director of University Counseling Services
- Women’s Greek Council Advisor
- Residence Hall Association Advisor
- Advisor to the ALLIANCE
- Director of the Women’s Studies Program
- Director of the Patricia A. Doyle Women’s Center
- Director/Assistant Director of Intercollegiate Athletics
- Director of the Women in Engineering Program
- Student Senate Gender Issues Director
- Director of Women’s Advancement Center
- Student Services Coordinator
- Director of Human Resources & Affirmative Action
- Provost & Vice Chancellor
Women's Council Chair Rotation Schedule