Purpose and Duties
- Encourages the development of faculty research proposals.
- Encourages University personnel (faculty, academic staff, students) to initiate institutional research projects which involve the collection, evaluation, and dissemination of facts and figures which will aid in making decisions to help the University fulfill its mission.
- Serves as an advisory and resource body in conjuction with the Office of Sponsored Programs, to assist university personnel in submitting research proposals for projects which necessitate funding.
- Recommends research proposals for funding on the state and/or local level.
Composition of Committee
- Minimum of six faculty with representation from each college.
- Two academic staff representative.
- Two students.
- Ex-Officio (non-voting): Director of Sponsored Programs