Purpose and Duties:
- On an annual basis the council will identify and advocate for university-wide issues that are of particular interest to women on campus.
- At the beginning of each academic year, the council will forward these issues to the appropriate committee for consideration and possible action. If there is no appropriate committee the council may recommend the establishment of ad hoc committees.
- The council will recognize and promote the accomplishments and contributions of women to the University of Wisconsin - Platteville and higher education.
- The council will advise the Provost / Chancellor regarding women's issues on campus.
Composition of Council:
- One (1) member from the following areas:
- Health Services
- Women's Greek Council
- Residence Halls Council
- Classified Staff
- Affirmative Action Committee
- Sexual Assault Awareness Council
- GLBR Alliance
- Director of Women's Studies
- Director of Women's Center
- Director/Assistant Director of Intercollegiate Athletics
- Director of Women in Engineering
- Women's Issues Director of Student Senate
- Director of Women's Advancement Center
- Race and Ethnicity Council
- Council of Cultural Alliance
- Director of Human Resources & Affirmative Action
- Vice Chancellor
Women's Council Chair Rotation Schedule