Purpose and Duties:
- On an annual basis, the council will identify and advocate for university-wide issues that are of particular interest to people of color on campus.
- Each academic year, the council will forward these issues to the appropriate committee for consideration and possible action. If there is no appropriate committee, the council may recommend the establishment ad hoc committees.
- The council will recognize and promote the accomplishments and contributions of people of color to the University of Wisconsin-Platteville and higher education.
- The council will advise the Provost/Chancellor regarding issues related to people of color on campus.
Composition of Council:
- Three (3) faculty with staggered three-year terms, appointed by the Faculty Senate upon the recommendation of the Appointments and Elections Committee.
- Two (2) academic staff representatives.
- Two (2) students.
- Director of Multicultural Educational Resource Center
- Assistant Chancellor for Student Affairs
- Director of Ethnic Studies