Purpose and Duties:
- Evaluates current student insurance plans and recommends to the Assistant Chancellor for Business Affairs and the Assistant Chancellor for Student Affairs any change in plans or benefits involving students.
- Recommends and reviews policies regarding fees for health services, staffing of the Health Center, and procedures in the Health Center.
- Publicizes the health services available and informs the University community about current health problems.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of the health services on campus.
- Promotes a wellness-oriented life style on campus.
Composition of Committee:
- Size (6) faculty, including one from the department of Health & Physical Education.
- One (1) academic staff.
- Three (3) students chosen by Student Senate.
- Ex-Officio (non-voting):
- Campus Physician
- Director of the Pioneer Activity Center
- Chair of the AIDS Task Force
- Student Services
- Office of Students with Disabilities
- Student Health Services
- Student Assistance Program
- Food Services