Purpose and Duties:
- Reviews academic staff personnel policies and procedures and makes recommendations to the Senate concerning interpretation and/or revision.
- Reviews implementation of the academic staff titling system.
- Serves as the first hearing body, following appropriate administrative review, for academic staff personnel complaints and grievances.
- Serves as the academic staff affirmative action committee.
- Serves as a review panel for recommendations for probationary or indefinite academic staff appointments and promotions under the academic staff titling system.
Composition of Commission:
- One (1) representative from each of the five service areas on the academic staff.
- One (1) at-large representative.
- One (1) member of the Academic Staff Senate.
- Director of Human Resources
- Affirmative Action Officer