Purpose and Duties
The purpose of the University International Education Committee (UIEC) shall be to foster international education on the University of Wisconsin-Platteville campus by serving as an advisory committee and advocate, especially in matters related to curriculum.
- Facilitate and assist faculty in internationalizing the curriculum.
- Serve as an advisory committee on international education initiatives, including the international studies major and minor.
- Inform faculty about University of Wisconsin-Platteville's international initiatives for graduate and undergraduate students.
- Facilitate faculty experience abroad by providing information on current initiatives and through the development of new opportunities.
- Provide a venue for sharing international information, understanding, and knowledge across campus.
Composition of Commission
- Six faculty, two from each college, elected by the college to three-year, non-consecutive terms, with at least some of the terms staggered to ensure continuity.
- Ex-Officio (voting)
- Representative from the University Undergraduate Curriculum Commission
- One Instructional Academic Staff member
- One student (one-year term, appointed by the Student Senate)
- Ex-Officio (non-voting)
- Executive Director of International Programs
- Director of the Teaching Excellence Center
- Advisor(s) to the International Studies major and minor