Purpose and Duties
- Serves as a forum for the discussion of educational ideas and issues.
- Encourages faculty and academic staff members to evaluate and improve their teaching.
- Serves as a source of information on improvement of learning.
- Communicates suggestions for better learning procedures to faculty and students.
- Assists faculty in preparing teaching improvement grant proposals, sabbatical proposals, and faculty development and retraining proposals.
- Serves as the campus faculty review body for proposals such as teacher improvement grants, sabbaticals, faculty development and retraining, faculty college, and other appropriate teaching improvement conferences.
Composition of Committee
- Minimum of thirteen faculty including the director of the Teaching Excellence Center and at least one, but no more than six from each college.
- One instructional academic staff representative.
- Five students.
- Ex-Officio (non-voting): Provost