Part III: Personnel Rules and Procedures
Definitions and Stipulations
The Library shall, for the purposes of Part III, be considered a department and the Director of the Library a department chair, except that the Director of the Library is an administrative appointee.
Faculty who have an appointment to more than one department, program or unit shall be considered a member of the department, program or unit where he or she has the greatest assignment, and if the assignment is divided evenly among two or more departments, programs or units, the faculty member must designate the primary evaluating department, program or unit. The faculty member is responsible for obtaining input from the other partial appointment area(s).
Departments: Full participation in all voting concerned with departmental affairs may, by vote of all department members as defined above, be limited or denied to those assigned 50% or less of an academic year appointment to that department.
Colleges: Full participation in all voting concerned with college affairs may, by vote of all department members (as defined above) of departments assigned to that college, be limited or denied to those assigned 50% or less of an academic year appointment to a college department.
University: Article II, Section 1 of the Faculty Constitution is here taken to mean that full participation in all voting concerned with university-wide affairs is open to all faculty, regardless of status.
- Article I Department Chairs
- Article II Summer Session and Substitute Faculty Assignment
- Article III Recruitment and Initial Appointment
- Article IV Recommendations Concerning Renewal of Probationary Appointments
- Article V Recommendations Concerning Rank
- Section 1 Procedures
- Section 2 Recommendations Concerning the Promotion of Department Chairs, Deans, and Other Administrative Faculty
- Section 3 Appeals
- Article VI Recommendations Concerning the Granting of Tenure
- Section 1 Determination of Discipline as the Functional Equivalent of Department
- Section 2 Before Completion of the Maximum Period
- Section 3 At the Completion of the Maximum Period
- Section 4 Procedure
- Section 5 Granting of Tenure to Department Chairs, Deans and Other Administrative Faculty
- Section 6 Appeals
- Article VII Recommendations Concerning Merit Awards and Inequity Adjustments
- Article VIII Reconsideration and Appeal Procedures
- Section 1 Rights of Faculty Aggrieved by an Adverse Decision Concerning Rank, Salary, or Denial of Tenure before the Completion of the Maximum Probationary Period
- Section 2 Rights of Non-Renewed Probationary Faculty, Faculty Denied Tenure at the Completion of the Maximum Probationary Period, and Faculty Terminated Because of Fiscal Emergency
- Section 3 Formal Appeal Procedures
- Article IX Complaints and Grievances
- Article X Dismissals
- Article XI Faculty Terminated Because of Fiscal Emergency