Purpose and Duties
- Monitors the undergraduate curriculum of the University in order to maintain high standards of academic excellence and Senate-established academic priorities and policies.
- Evaluates and acts upon curricular changes proposed by the College Curriculum Committees.
- Sets procedural standards and makes recommendations to the College Curriculum Committees.
- Determines general course requirements for all students.
- Counsels with the Academic Planning Council in preparing recommendations concerning academic policies and priorities for Senate consideration.
- Chooses from among its faculty members a representative to serve on the Academic Planning Council.
- Chooses from among its faculty members a representative to serve on the Summer Session Commission.
Composition of Commission
- Eleven (11) faculty, with staggered three-year non-consecutive terms, with the following distribution:
- Four (4) elected by the College of Liberal Arts and Education faculty. One of the four shall be from the School of Education.
- Three (3) elected by the College of Business, Industry, Life Science and Agriculture. One of the three shall be from the School of Agriculture.
- Three (3) elected by the College of Engineering, Mathematics and Science faculty. One of the three shall be from the department of Mathematics or Chemistry & Engineering Physics.
- One (1) Karrmann Library representative (non-voting).
- One (1) student chosen in a method determined by the Student Senate.
- Ex-Officio (non-voting)