State Self-funded Liability Program (SSLP)
State of Wisconsin Auto Fleet Policy
- Limit of liability is $2,000,000 for each occurrence.
- SSLP agrees to pay up to the Statutory limit of liability sums which a faculty or academic staff member becomes legally obligated to pay provided the faculty or academic staff is acting within the scope of their employment.
- The SSLP further agrees to defend the employee who was acting within the scope of their employment
- Protection is not extended to one's personal vehicle. (One's personal automobile liability policy grants this type of protection.)
- The policy does not apply when injury, death, or destruction is caused inten- tionally.
- If the insured has other insurance against a loss covered by this policy, the SSLP policy limits are excess to whatever other protection the insured may have. (WEA membership automatically provides $10,000 occupational liability coverage.)
A summary of benefits available to university of Wisconsin faculty and staff are listed on the pages 2.17-2.20.
State-owned vehicles have the following automobile bodily injury liability and property damage coverage:
- Limits on bodily injury: $ 250,000 per person
- Limits on property damage: $ 250,000 per accident
University Vehicles being driven by students are covered if the driver is authorized by University authorities.
- Privately owned vehicles are not covered by the state's property and liability programs. However, if one is using their personal vehicle on university/state business, your personal automobile coverage is primary and the SSLP is excess.