Puropse and Duties
- Advises the Director of University Computing on administrative matters associated with academic computing.
Reviews requests from deans, college committees, and departments and makes recommendations to the requesting unit and the Budget Commission for:
- Capital purchases of computer hardware
- Major software purchases ($500 or greater)
- Provides a forum for suggestions and complaints from faculty and students with respect to academic computing.
- Reviews the annual University Computing Services budget prior to submission to the Budget Commission.
- Encourages and promotes computer usage on campus.
Composition of Commission
- Seven (7) faculty with two from BILSA and LAE, and three from EMS. One of the EMS representatives shall be from the department of Computer Science and Software Engineering. Faculty shall serve three-year staggered terms, appointed by the Faculty Senate upon the recommendation of the Appointments and Elections Committee.
- One (1) library representative, appointed by the Faculty Senate.
- One (1) teaching academic staff representative.
- Two (2) students.
- Ex-Officio (non-voting): Associate Vice Chancellor for Information Technology