Purpose and Duties:
- Reviews the Minority/Disadvantaged Annual Report.
- Oversees the development, review, revision, and implementation of the UWP Institutional Plan: Design for Diversity.
- Ensures that the activities of campus units comply with and enhance the goals of the Institutional Plan.
- Identifies and addresses problems faced by minorities within the University Community and acts as an advisory body to the minority/disadvantaged programs at UWP.
Composition of Council:
- Three (3) faculty with staggered three-year terms, appointed by the Faculty Senate upon the recommendation of the Appointments and Elections Committee.
- Two (2) academic staff representatives.
- Two (2) students.
- Coordinator of Multicultural Educational Resource Center
- Director of Ethnic Studies
- Director of Women's Studies