Purpose and Duties
- Encourages the development of faculty research proposals.
- Encourages University personnel (faculty, academic staff, students) to initiate institutional research projects which involve the collection, evaluation, and dissemination of facts and figures which will aid in making decisions to help the University fulfill its mission.
- Serves as an advisory and resource body to assist University personnel in writing research proposals for projects which necessitate funding.
- Recommends research proposals for funding on the state or local level.
- Serves as a depository for institutional research projects and assists the Director of Institutional Research in the collections, dissemination, cataloging, and maintenance of institutional data files.
Composition of Committee
- Minimum of six (6) faculty with representation from each college.
- One (1) academic staff representative.
- Two (2) students.
- Ex-Officio: Assistant to the Vice Chancellor of Sponsored Programs