Purpose and Duties
- At the request of the Chancellor or the affected faculty or academic staff member, hears and investigates complaints made by other faculty members, academic staff members, students, classified staff members, or any citizen concerning alleged conduct by a faculty or academic staff member which is contrary to that person's obligations to the University, but which is not serious enough to warrant dismissal proceedings.
- Hears and investigates grievances concerning any University decision or practice, against those authorized to make them, other than decisions having to do with renewal, rank, salary, or tenure.
Composition of Commission
- There shall be five (5) faculty members appointed by the Faculty Senate upon recommendation of the Appointments and Elections Committee, except that:
- There shall be no more than one member from any one department or program,
- Each member shall be appointed to a three-year term and a member may serve two consecutive terms, and
- All members shall be tenured.