Purpose and Duties
- Apportions available budgetary resources in support of academic programs in accordance with Academic Planning Council priorities approved by the Chancellor and Senates.
- Analyzes and evaluates proposals from College budget committees and fiscal agents and formulates and recommends to the Chancellor an apportionment plan for the funds designated for supplies, capital, and travel.
- Determines allocation of all student employment funds except segregated funds.
- Upon request, acts as an appeal body when the members of a student service board cannot agree on a basic budgetary matter for which it is responsible.
- Sets appropriate procedures for budget committees and fiscal agents under its authority.
- Chooses from among its members a representative to serve on the Academic Planning Council.
- Advises the Academic Planning Council as appropriate concerning budgetary policies and priorities relating to supplies, capital, travel, and the Physical Plant.
Composition of Commission
- Seven (7) faculty, two from each college and one from the library, elected by each college and the library, for staggered three-year non-consecutive terms.
- One (1) student.
- One (1) academic staff.
- Ex-Officio (non-voting)
- Assistant Chancellor for Administrative Services
- Vice Chancellor