Purpose and Duties:
- Periodically reviews and, in consultation with the Academic Planning Council, proposes revisions in the Master Development Plan.
- Consistent with the Plan, originates, promotes, coordinates, and evaluates campus facilities and/or improvement projects.
- Coordinates campus environmental development, the environmental assessment of proposed projects, and related activities with the Environmental Impact Committee.
- Coordinates campus safety and security projects, policies, and procedures in consultation with the Safety and Security Committee.
- In consultation with the University Senates, recommends to the Chancellor appropriate names for buildings and areas.
Composition of Commission:
- Six (6) faculty, two from each college for a three-year term, no more than two consecutive terms.
- Three (3) academic staff, chosen in a manner determined by the Academic Staff Senate.
- Three (3) students, chosen in a manner determined by the Student Senate.
- Ex-Officio: (non-voting)
- Campus Planner
- Campus Police Representative
- Auxiliary Services Representative
- Physical Plan Representative