The primary purpose of the Personnel Commission is to review general personnel policies or procedures affecting academic staff members and to make recommendations to the Academic Staff Senate.
Specifically, the Personnel Commission shall:
- Review UWP Academic Staff Personnel Policies and Procedures and make recom-mendations to the Academic Staff Senate concerning interpretations or revisions.
- Review the implementation of the academic staff titling system.
- Serve as the first hearing body, following appropriate administrative review, on any academic staff personnel complaint or grievance.
- Serve as the academic staff affirmative action committee.
- Serve as a review panel, following appropriate administrative review, for recommendation of probationary or indefinite academic staff appointments for retitling and promotions under the academic staff titling system, and requests for multi-year appointments.
- The Personnel Commission will submit an Annual Report concerning its activities to the Academic Senate at the senate's last meeting in May.
The membership of this body shall be a representative from each of the five service areas of the academic staff, one at-large representatives, one member of the Academic Staff Senate, the UWP Director of Human Resources (ex-officio), and the UWP Affirmative Action Officer (ex-officio). The Academic Senate representative to the Personnel Commission is a voting member.