Section 1 Budget Committees
Each college shall, in a manner determined by vote of the college faculty, create a college budget committee. According to procedures set by the University Academic Budget Commission, it shall propose to that commission allocation of funds for supplies, capital and travel, and student assistance.
Section 2 Curriculum Committees
Each college shall, in a manner determined by vote of the college faculty, create a college curriculum committee. According to the procedures set forth by the Undergraduate Curriculum Commission, it shall propose to that commission changes in the college curriculum.
Section 3 College Rank, Salary, and Tenure Committees
Section 4 Library RST Committee
- Review and act upon the appropriate department review body's evaluation of and recommendations concerning each faculty member. It will require supporting information from the DRB and if the Department Chair's evaluation and/or recommendation differs from those of the DRB, it will consider both. In making its own judgments, the college RST committee will take into account the same criteria and standards incumbent upon the department review bodies (identified below in Article VI, Section 4, a).
- If the college RST review concerns a DRB recommendation having to do with rank or tenure, it shall either agree with the DRB recommendation, (in which case it will forward the recommendation to the Vice Chancellor), or disagree (in which case the Committee shall consult with the DRB with a view to reaching an accord, and if that effort fails, forward both its own and the DRB's recommendation Cand the separate department chair's recommendation, to the Vice Chancellor). If the college RST review concerns a DRB recommendation having to do with a merit award or inequity adjustment, the committee's judgment, made according to standards and guidelines set and monitored by the University RST Policy Commission, shall be final, subject only to the reconsideration procedures referred to in v below.
- May initiate the consideration of any faculty member under its jurisdiction for a merit award or inequity adjustment, but the college committee may not make a merit award or inequity adjustment without the concurrence of the DRB.
- Shall notify each faculty member in writing as soon as is practicable of all college RST committee judgments concerning that member and shall abide by the more detailed rules and procedures for notification in matters having to do with non-renewal, denial of tenure, and termination as set forth in Faculty Bylaws Part III, Article VIII, Section 2, Rights of Non-Renewed Probationary Faculty...
- Shall notify the department review body when it (the college RST committee) makes a judgment and/or recommendation contrary to one made by the DRB.
- Shall reconsider any of its judgments and recommendations as is required if a faculty member invokes the privileges outlined in the Faculty Bylaws, Part III, Article VIII, Sections 1-3, Reconsideration Procedures.
- Membership and Chair
Each college RST committee shall consist of at least three tenured faculty members but not more than the number of departments in the college. No more than one member may be from a department. Each member shall be elected by the whole college faculty. Department chairs and members of the department or school review bodies are not eligible to serve. No one shall serve on the college RST committee who is a member of the Appeals Commission.
Each college RST committee shall elect yearly a chair from its membership. The college dean (non-voting) is eligible to serve in this capacity. The college dean must send forward his/her own letters concerning probationary faculty and may send forward his/her own recommendations concerning tenured faculty and other matters deliberated upon by the committee. Each college RST committee shall select yearly from its membership, a member to serve on the University Rank, Salary and Tenure Policy Commission.
- Voting Eligibility
No college RST committee member may vote on any evaluation or recommendation concerning him- or herself. No non-tenured member may vote on any recommendation concerning tenure.
The Library RST Committee shall be created by those faculty a major part of whose services are assigned to the library. The committee shall serve as the functional equivalent of a departmental review body with regard to evaluation of library faculty, and as the functional equivalent of a college RST committee with regard to the University RST Policy Commission.
- Membership and Chair
The Library RST Committee shall consist of the Director of the Library (non-voting) and no fewer than two other faculty members elected by the library faculty.