Committee Structure, Functions and Duties
- On an annual basis the council will identify and advocate for university-wide issues that are of particular interest to women on campus.
- At the beginning of each academic year, the council will forward these issues to the appropriate committee for consideration and possible action. If there is no appropriate committee the council may recommend the establishment of ad hoc committees.
- The council will recognize and promote the accomplishments and contributions of women to the University of Wisconsin - Platteville and higher education.
- The council will advise the Provost / Chancellor regarding women's issues on campus.
University Women's Council
One representative appointed annually by the appropriate body upon recommendation of each of the following:
Individuals in the following positions:
- Health Services - Vicky Dreessens
- Women's Greek Council
- Residence Hall Council - Jessie Woehrle
- Classified Staff
- Affirmative Action Committee
- Sexual Assault Awareness Council
- GLBT Alliance - Matt Hamblin
- Director of the Women's Studies Program - Carmen Faymonville (co-chair)
- Director of the Women's Center - Patricia Foster (co-chair)
- Director / Assistant Director of Intercollegiate Athletics - Deb Schulman
- Director of the Women in Science & Engineering Program - Tammy Salmon-Stephens
- Women's Issues Director of Student Senate - Theresa Sanderfoot
- Chair of the BILSA Equity and Diversity Committee - Majid Tabrizi
- Director of Human Resources & Affirmative Action - Kathleen Kelley
- Provost & Vice Chancellor - Carol Sue Butts