Committee Structure, Functions and Duties
The Assessment Oversight Committee (AOC) was established as a university-level committee as a recommendation of UWP's Plan for Assessment of Student Academic Achievement (1995).
- Monitor various activities and procedures in implementing the university's Assessment Plan.
- Disseminate assessment information and facilitate improvement of programs, based on that information.
- Work closely with the Provost, Academic Planning Council, Undergraduate Curriculum Commission and Basic Skills Committee to ensure that the assessment program contributes to achievement of the mission and goals of the university.
- Develop and maintain a program for funding assessment activities among faculty (similar to Scholarly Activity Improvement Fund and Curricular Improvement Fund).
- Serve as a resource for administrative and academic units involved in assessment activities.
Faculty Senate Representatives; (two members, staggered two-year terms)
|David Boyles (Chair)
Academic Planning Council Representative: (one member, two-year term)
University Budget Commission Representative: (one member, two-year term)
Student Services Representative: (one member, two-year term)
Undergraduate Curriculum Commission Representative: (one member, two-year term)
Student Senate Representative: (one member, one-year term)
Appointed by the Provost: (One member, three-year term)
Ex Officio: Provost