Committee Structure, Functions and Duties
- Reviews and recommends to the Chancellor, Faculty Senate, Academic Staff Senate and Student Senate changes in UW-Platteville policies related to alcohol and other drugs.
- Supports and advises the Employee Assistant Program (EAP) and the Alcohol and Other Drug Education Program, including the Student Assistance Program (SAP).
- Monitor campus advertising policies in regard to alcohol and other drugs in any campus publication or other media.
- Informs faculty, staff and students where to obtain help for themselves or others regarding problems related to alcohol and other drugs.
- Works with the commencement committee to establish a workable procedure for preventing problems with alcohol at graduation.
- Reviews referral procedures for students who have been involved in alcohol/drug related disciplinary problems.
- Evaluates and supports the Alcohol and Drug Abuse Drop-In Centers to ensure educational information will be available to students, faculty, and the community.
- Initiates the review of specific alcohol and other drug problems brought to the attention of the committee.
Faculty: (minimum of four faculty)
- Academic Staff: (two)
- Tom Stephens
- Julia Davis
- Students: (three appointed by Student Senate upon recommendation of Greek Council, Residence Hall Council, Student Senate)
- Brent Boorsa
- Tony Schnule
- Jon Stevens
- Classified Staff: (one)
- Community Representative: (one appointed by Platteville Common Council)
- Ex Officio:
- Campus Police Representative: Jeff Wedige
- Counseling Services Representative: Roger Meyer
- Student Health Care Committee Representative:
- EAP Coordinator: Richard Voelz
- Student Assistance Program Coordinator:
- Housing Services Representative: Rhonda Viney