To realize its vision, the University of Wisconsin-Platteville embraces and is guided by the following values:
- excellence in undergraduate education and graduate programs;
- liberal education as a basis for lifelong learning, growth, and professional development;
- the pursuit of knowledge and its practical application, and applied research
- ethical behavior
- students as the primary focus of university activities
- respect for individual differences and support for the development of all students, faculty, and staff
- people as the source of strength, reputation, and vitality
- learning and development which occur inside and outside the classroom; and
- service to the community, the state of Wisconsin, and society
The University of Wisconsin-Platteville provides associate, baccalaureate, and master’s degree programs in a broad spectrum of disciplines including: science, technology, engineering, and mathematics; criminal justice; education; business; agriculture; and the liberal arts. We promote excellence by using a personal, hands-on approach to empower each student to become broader in perspective, intellectually more astute, ethically more responsible, and to contribute wisely as an accomplished professional and knowledgeable citizen in a diverse global community.
UW-Platteville will be recognized as the leading student-focused university for its success in achieving excellence, creating opportunities, and empowering each individual.