CSS to Hide Title
Selling University Surplus Items to the Public
Pioneer Restore first opened in 2014 and have since sold thousands of items that are no longer needed by the University. We are a cost recovery program, meaning the revenue from sales cover the cost of our operation. In addition to this, we have been able to return approximately $20,000 to campus departments each year. All Pioneer Restore sales must comply with the Wisconsin Department of Administration Procurement Manual, PRO-F 1-3 and our internal governence policies. We pride ourselves on our ability to give items a second life, keep them out of the landfill, and help be responsible stewards of state property.
Shop at our Physical Storefront (Glenview Commons on Greenwood Ave., Platteville WI)
Pioneer Restore's physical storefront is open to the public every Tuesday, noon - 5:30 p.m. We have a diverse inventory- from furniture, to unique equipment, you never know what you will find!
- Items are sold first-come, first-serve and "as-is."
- Please come prepared to haul your own items.
- We accept checks and cash, unfortunately we are unable to accept credit cards at this time. An ATM is available for use next door in the Greenwood Avenue Market.
The store is located in Glenview Commons on Greenwood Ave., our entrance is located on the north east side of the building (map)
Customers can park for free during store hours in lot 22, just to the east of our store entrance (map)
- Wisconsin Surplus - Enter keyword "PLATTEVILLE" at top of screen to go directly to our items.
- All items must be picked up within two weeks of purchase. Items can only be picked up by appointment on Tuesday's from noon- 5:30 p.m.
We also have some basic items available for sale every week. Currently, we have bunk beds in stock. These beds cost $15 each. Contact us if you would like to schedule a time to purchase these items.
For Wisconsin Public Agencies
UW-Platteville departments and other Wisconsin public agencies (such as state departments, cities, villages, towns, counties, or school districts) have the opportunity to purchase items from Pioneer Restore before they are available to the general public.
- Pioneer Restore's storefront (in Glenview Commons) is open to public agencies only from 11 a.m. - noon every Tuesday before the store opens to the general public.
- Higher value or unique items are sold in online auctions. Wisconsin public agencies may purchase these items before they are listed on the public auction. Wisconsin public agencies must pay the minimum list price or wait until the item is placed on a public auction to competitively bid for a lower price. If you are part of a Wisconsin Public Agency and would like to purchase any of these items, please contact us.
- Please bring proof of your Wisconsin public agency with you in order to make purchases (e.g. a WI public agency ID or checkbook attributed to your organization).
Submit an Item to Pioneer Restore (campus-owned items only)