CSS to Hide Title
Selling University Surplus Items to the Public
Pioneer Restore is open to the public every Tuesday from noon - 7 p.m.! Come stop by to see what interesting items we have for sale. There is furniture, equipment, and unusual odds and ends. See pictures of the store on our facebook page.
Store Hours and Information (Open to Public)
- Pioneer Restore is open to the public every Tuesday, noon -7 p.m. (even during the summer).
- Diverse inventory- from furniture, to unique equipment, you never know what you will find!
- Items are sold first-come, first-serve and "as-is."
- Checks and cash accepted, unfortunately we are unable to accept credit cards at this time.
- The store is located in Glenview Commons on Greenwood Ave., our entrance is located on the north east side of the building (map)
- Free parking during store hours is available in lot 22, just to the east of our store entrance.
- Please come prepared to haul your own items.
Kelly Shea, Store Manager
Kelly works for surplus four days a week. If she doesn't reply to your message immediately, she will get back to you soon!
Pioneer Restore opened with just online sales in 2014. The store serves to sell University owned items that are considered "surplus" or items that are no longer needed by the University. The Store is self-sufficient, meaning it pays for itself through sales. All Pioneer Restore operations must comply with the Wisconsin Department of Administration Procurement Manual, PRO-F 1-3. Pioneer Restore is in the process of developing localized policy and procedures. See our draft policies here.
Online Sales (Open to Public)
Internal Purchasing (Wisconsin public agencies only)
UW-Platteville departments and other Wisconsin Municipalities (Including but not limited to the state or any department or agency thereof, or any city, village, town, county, or school district, as defined by Wis. Stats. 66.0301(1)) have the first opportunity to purchase surplus items unless items are otherwise exempt from sales to UW-Platteville departments. The Purchasing Director has the final determination of exempt items.
Non-exempt items valued at $250 or more will be listed on the Surplus Program website by 5 p.m. each Tuesday for a minimum of one week before they are put on public sale.
- Wisconsin Municipalities must pay the minimum list price for items priced at $250 or more or wait until public auctions to competitively bid for a lower price.
- Non-exempt items valued at less than $250 will be available for sale at the Surplus Program storefront location for one hour prior to the start of each public weekly sale.
Surplus Pick Up Request (UW-Platteville Departments Only)