Student Support Services
||105 Warner Hall
||8:00 am - 5:00 pm,
Student Support Services provides assistance to students who may need extra support to succeed in college. Learning skills sessions, study skill groups, counseling/advising and tutoring are available at no charge. Students develop their own program with the assistance of a staff member. All sessions are arranged around a student's work and class schedule.
Participation in programs offered by Student Support Services is limited to students who meet qualifying criteria. The U.S. Department of Education, which funds this program, requires that each participant be in at least one of the following three categories:
- first-generation college students (neither parent currently has a four-year college degree);
- income eligible students (based on taxable income); or,
- students with documented disabilities.
Available services include:
- Tutoring - Tutors for many courses are ready to help you today!
- Advising/Counseling - Meetings with a counselor are available for those students who wish additional information and support regarding academic, personal, and career planning concerns. For more information contact Sharon Pink, 111 Warner Hall, 342-1811.
- Workshops - Helpful non-credit workshops are offered each semester
- Learning Specialist - Individualized meetings can be arranged for assistance with learning styles and study skills, support/advocacy, and progress monitoring.