Interested students must:
- be a degree-seeking undergraduate students who is currently enrolled at a US-based college or university.
- have completed at least one full-time semester of college at the time of application (Please note: For the Nagasaki program, a student must have completed at least two full-time semesters of college at the time of application).
- have at least sophomore standing at the time of participation.
- have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.5 on a 4.0 grading scale (Please note: For the program in Nagasaki, Japan, NUFS recommends a minimum 2.8 cumulative grade point average. However, students with a grade point average between a 2.5 and 2.8 may be considered on a case-by-case basis at the discretion of NUFS and UW-Platteville Education Abroad).
- be in good academic standing at the time of participation.
Students are not required to have a minimum language proficiency for any program, but courses taught in languages other than English may have a language proficiency requirement.