Mission and Vision
This pane clears float!
Mission of the division of student affairs
Our mission is to promote student learning and development by providing personalized services and programs that enhance student educational experiences and prepare students to be contributing members of a diverse global community.
Vision of the division of student affairs
Our vision is to be an experiential learning community where students are inspired to explore their hopes and dreams and strive to achieve their potential.
University of WIsconsin-Platteville Mission
The fundamental mission of UW-Platteville and the entire UW System is to serve the people of Wisconsin. This basic goal is expressed in detail in the mission statement adopted in 1988 and revised in 2002. In those statements, UW-Platteville pledges itself to:
- Enable each student to become broader in perspective, more literate, intellectually more astute, ethically more sensitive, and to participate wisely in society as a competent professional and knowledgeable citizen
- Provide baccalaureate degree programs which meet primarily regional needs in arts and sciences, teacher education, business, and information technology
- Provide baccalaureate degree programs and specialized programs in middle school education, engineering, technology management, agriculture, and criminal justice which have been identified as institutional areas of emphasis
- Provide graduate programs in areas clearly associated with its undergraduate emphases in education, agriculture, technology management, engineering, and criminal justice
- Provide undergraduate distance learning programs in business administration and graduate online programs in project management, criminal justice, and engineering
- Provide agricultural systems research programs utilizing the Pioneer Farm in partnership with businesses, universities, and agencies
- Expect scholarly activity, including applied research, scholarship and creative endeavor, that supports its programs at the baccalaureate degree level, its selected graduate programs, and its special mission
- Seek to serve the needs of all students and in particular the needs of women, minority, disadvantaged, and nontraditional students. Furthermore, the university seeks diversification of the student body, faculty, and staff
- Serve as an educational, cultural, and economic development resource to southwestern Wisconsin
This pane clears float!