STEM Scholars Program Goals
- To attract and retain academically talented undergraduate students in STEM fields, with an emphasis on students from underrepresented groups in the College of EMS.
- To provide a structure of support services, both formal and informal, that facilitates a strong STEM student cohort.
- To encourage participation in structured networking opportunities including peer mentoring, faculty advising and mentoring, faculty/student research, and interactions with STEM professionals and alumni.
- To promote opportunities for students through internships, co-operative education (co-ops) with industry, and international experiences such as Study Abroad and International Exchange.
- To support STEM career selection and job placement that matches students' career preferences upon graduation.
- To serve the broader community through outreach and service activities aimed at pre-college students.
- To inspire pre-college students to pursue degrees in STEM disciplines.