This pane clears float!
Welcome to Southwest Hall
Southwest Hall, completed in 2006, is home to 380 students who will live in 95 four-person suites. Each suite has four single bedrooms, a living room, a dining area with kitchenette, and two bathrooms. There is high speed internet access in every bedroom and elevator access to all floor levels. The entire building is air conditioned and each suite is fully furnished. Each of the six floors has a study room with a computer that can be used for group projects. Other public areas include the main desk, mailroom, lobby, multipurpose room, laundry room, and community room with vending area. Southwest Hall remains open during the official academic year breaks.
From the desk of the resident director
Welcome to Southwest Hall! We are excited to have you staying with us for the upcoming 2015-2016 school year. I hope you have had a relaxing summer and have found some time to relax and refresh. Southwest Hall has had a busy summer as it was home to the summer students as well as our New Student Registration guests. It has been a very fun summer with all that has been going on, but we are very excited to welcome you all back to campus in just a few short weeks.
As summer winds down and the fall semester approaches, please be sure to keep in mind the following items:
- Room Assignments: Room assignment letters were sent out in mid-July to your email account. If you do not know your suitemates at this point, I encourage you to make contact prior to move in. This will aide in making sure you aren’t doubling up on common use items and to begin building that relationship now.
- Plan Ahead: Please be sure to plan ahead for move-in weekend. Returning student move-in begins Sunday, August 30th. We do not have a designated floor move-in this year, but we ask that if you are able to wait until the Monday or Tuesday times to do so. A vast majority of Southwest residents are returning students, thus we anticipate that Sunday will be very busy. Also, please take special note of the move-in times and plan to arrive during those time slots. Arriving outside designated move-in times may result in needing to wait until a staff member is available and you will not get assistance from the members of Welcome Crew.
- Check Out Your Resources: Please be sure to check out the following materials for more general on-campus living information. The Welcome Home Newsletter and the Guide to Living On Campus are two publications that have great in-depth information about living on campus. Please also consult the Southwest Guide to Living for more specific Southwest Hall information.
- Bring Your Personal Data Form: During the check in process you will need to turn in your Personal Data Form. Please be sure to print and fill this form out in its entirety prior to arriving on move-in day. This will greatly expedite your check-in process. Forms can be found here.
- Loft Reservation: If you would like to reserve a loft please follow this link. Lofts are $150 for the year with the option of a shelf ($15 more). If you order a loft prior to August 1st, it will be in your room upon arrival.
New and transfer student move-in:
- Saturday, Aug. 29, 8 a.m.-2 p.m.
Continuing student move-in:
- Sunday, Aug. 30, 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Monday, Aug. 31, 10 a.m.–4 p.m.
- Tuesday, Sept. 1 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
Have a relaxing rest of your summer! If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Southwest Hall Resident Director
This pane clears float!