This pane clears float!
Welcome to Southwest Hall
Southwest Hall, completed in 2006, is home to 380 students who will live in 95 four-person suites. Each suite has four single bedrooms, a living room, a dining area with kitchenette, and two bathrooms. There is high speed internet access in every bedroom and elevator access to all floor levels. The entire building is air conditioned and each suite is fully furnished. Each of the six floors has a study room with a computer that can be used for group projects. Other public areas include the main desk, mailroom, lobby, multipurpose room, laundry room, and community room with vending area. Southwest Hall remains open during the official academic year breaks.
From the desk of the resident director
Welcome to Southwest Hall! We are excited to have you staying with us for the upcoming 2014-2015 school year. I hope you have had a relaxing summer and have found some time to relax and refresh. Southwest Hall certainly has had an interesting summer, being one of the buildings that were impacted by the tornado that struck campus on June 16th. There is nothing to worry about though as crews have been working hard since and Southwest will be ready for you all to return!
As summer winds down and the fall semester approaches, please be sure to keep in the following items:
- Room Assignments: Room assignment letters were sent out in late July to your email account. If you do not know your suitemates at this point, I encourage you to make contact prior to move in. This will aide in making sure you aren’t doubling up on common use items and to begin building that relationship now.
- Plan Ahead: Please be sure to plan ahead for move-in weekend. The specific floor schedule for move in is located below. If you are unable to check in at your assigned time, you are free to come later BUT not earlier.
- Check Out Your Resources: Please be sure to check out the following materials for more general on-campus living information. The Welcome Home Newsletter and the Guide to Living On Campus are two publications that have great in-depth information about living on campus. Please also consult the Southwest Guide to Living for more specific Southwest Hall information.
- Bring Your Personal Data Form: During the check in process you will need to turn in your Personal Data Form. Please be sure to print and fill this form out in its entirety prior to arriving on move-in day. This will greatly expedite your check-in process. Forms can be found here.
- Loft Reservation: If you would like to reserve a loft please follow this link. Lofts are $115 for the year with the option of a shelf ($15 more). If you order a loft prior to August 25th, it will be in your room upon arrival.
New and transfer student move-in:
• Friday, Aug. 29, 8 a.m.–2 p.m.
Continuing student move-in:
• Floors 2 and 5: Saturday, Aug. 30, 8–11 a.m.
• Floor 4: Saturday, Aug. 30, 11 a.m.–2 p.m.
• Floors 1 and 6: Sunday, Aug. 31, 8–11 a.m.
• Floor 3: Sunday, Aug. 31, 11 a.m.–2 p.m.
• Any remaining residents: Monday, Sept. 1, 10 a.m.–2 p.m
Have a relaxing rest of your summer! If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Southwest Hall Resident Director
This pane clears float!