- General Small Business Information
- Financial Programs
- Business Plan
- Information from the United States Small Business Administration
First Steps in Business
Thinking about starting your own business? The Small Business Development Center is here to help. Plan to attend this interactive session to learn more about whether entrepreneurship is right for you. Spend one evening getting a clear picture of what it's really like to run a small business.
- Assess your strengths and weaknesses as a business owner.
- Learn how to analyze the potential for your business idea.
- Discover what information you need and where to find it.
This program is designed for people who have not yet started a business, but is also a significant value to those in the start-up or early stages of forming a company.
Developing a Business Plan
Along with hard work, good fortune, and business knowledge, planning is the key to success in small business. A business plan is a written outline for the strategic direction of your company and can save you thousands simply by focusing your marketing and sales activities. Business plans are the standard of communication and are required by most banks, certification programs and equity investors.
This course helps you develop a working business plan for your company.