To request assistance from the Small Business Development Center at UW-Platteville, please fill out the electronic request for assisance form. To set up an appointment, please call 608.342.1038 or e-mail at email@example.com.
We provide one-on-one, no cost and confidential counseling at the SBDC at UW-Platteville. We can help you improve your business management skills by providing information and offering advice on virtually any aspect of starting and running a small business.
Serving Small Business Owners in Crawford, Grant, Green, Iowa, Lafayette and Richland Counties.
Office hours each month:
- Darlington - 1st Wednesday
- Dodgeville - 4th Wednesday
- Fennimore - Every Tuesday
- Monroe - Every Friday
- Prairie du Chien - 2nd Wednesday
- Richland Center - 3rd Wednesday
- Platteville - Every Monday and Thursday
We offer information and/or assistance in the following areas:
- Prepare a business plan
- Feasibility Study
- Funding options for a new business or business expansion
- Determine the marketability of a product
- Prepare a business loan proposal
- Prepare cash flow projections
- How to grow your markets
- Find and hire the right employees
- Market your products and services effectively
- Design a market research project
- Place a value on a business
- International business (export/import)
We do not make loans, nor can we perform such activities as preparing your taxes or provide you with legal advice. However, we can offer suggestions as to how you can best work with accountants, lawyers, bankers, advertising agencies and other professionals. We can also make referals as needed.
Want to Get Started?
Just give us a call at 608.342.1038. During your initial visit we will discuss your needs and determine how to best meet them. Typically we recommend a combination of both individual counseling and seminars as it offers the greatest benefit to our small business clients. For example, if you are thinking about starting a small business, we may suggest that you first participate in a seminar that will help you determine the feasibility of your business idea or show you how you can prepare a business plan. Once you have completed the seminar, you may make an appointment with our counselor. This individual will meet with you and discuss your specific concerns and needs.
Need an immediate answer to your business question?
Receive free over-the-phone answers to your business start-up and management questions. Call the Wisconsin SBDC business answer line at 1.800.940.7232. Your question will be answered promptly by SBDC staff or counselors. This service is free and all communications are confidential.