The Wisconsin Small Business Development Center (SBDC), which is a part of UW-Extension, is a statewide network supporting entrepreneurs and business owners through no-cost, confidential consulting and targeted educational programs. We help:
- Existing businesses that want to expand, transition, or improve
- New ventures including local, regional, and international lifestyle businesses
- Innovative ideas which may be scalable and repeatable and which require customer development and liquidity events
Businesses fail at an alarming rate of around 80%. Why?
- No understanding of customer segments through customer interviews
- Lack of differentiation or failure to communicate the value proposition
- Undefined business model with no proven revenue streams and lack of funding
- Leadership communication and expectation setting issues throughout organization
- Improper risk management, operational procedures, and asset controls
The Southwest Wisconsin SBDC is here to help in the following categories and more:
- Customer Understanding
- Marketing Help
- Risk Analysis
- Financial Decisions
- Information Technology
- Intellectual Property
Fill out the electronic request for consulting and our business consultant, Brock Waterman will follow-up with you.
have a quick question?
Call the free business answers line (1-800-940-7232).