HOW to Obtain a NetReg Account for your Computer or Personal wireless Router
All new and returning students who want to connect their computer and wireless router to the network from their room must complete the following steps:
Open a web browser such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Safari.
- If connecting a router, plug the WAN port on your router to the DATA Jack in your room, and connect your computer to your router.
- Go to this page and fill out the information.
- Pass the Copyright quiz.
- Restart your computer or Router.
- If you continue to be redirected to the registration page please clear your internet cache and history.
How to Register Gaming System and other Devices
All networking devices must be registered with their wired connection to gain access to the network/internet. Please complete the following steps:
- To register a gaming system (Xbox, PlayStation...etc), fill out the Network Device Registration Form. Please allow up to 24 hours for this request to be completed.
- For the Registration process, you will need to provide your MAC address for your gaming system. Steps to find the MAC Address can be found here.
- For other devices such as TVs, bluray, AppleTv...etc please consult the owners manual to find the MAC or Phyiscal Hardware Address.
How to register wireless devices to UWplatt
- Wireless devices must be able to see the UWPLATT wireless network
Wireless devices must be able to connect using WPA2-Enterprise Security Protocol
- If your device(s) cannot connect due to lack of support for WPA2-Enterprise, your device can not be connected to the campus wireless network
- Please consult your owners manual on how to connect to a wireless network and enter your campus username and password