This pane clears float!
Moving out of the Residence Halls
The key to a successful checkout from the residence halls at UW-Platteville is planning ahead. Make arrangements for your packing and leaving times according to your finals schedule. All students must vacate their rooms 24 hours after their last final.
- Finals run Monday, May 11 through Friday, May 15.
- The residence halls close 6:00 p.m. Friday, May 15.
- If you are unable to check out and leave the hall by 6:00 p.m. Friday, May 15, please contact your Resident Director by Thursday, May 7 to make arrangements to stay longer.
- All residents must check out and leave the hall no later than 11:00 a.m., Saturday, May 16.
- Schedule a date and time with your RA to check out from your room. An improper checkout fee of $50 is assessed for failure to properly check out.
- 20 hours quiet hours begin Sunday, May 10 at 11:00 p.m.
Moving Into the Residence Halls
Welcome Weekend for new and transfer students begins with move-in on Saturday, August 29, 2015. The weekend is full of activities to kick-off the semester. Please visit Welcome Weekend for further information and details for the schedule of this weekend
Moving into the residence halls is an exciting part of coming to college! We are pleased to welcome you to your on-campus living experience. During Welcome Weekend, volunteers serve as Welcome Crew to assist with moving your belongings to your new home. While we have processes set up to make moving in as easy as we can, please remain flexible as there are a number of students excited to be moving to campus. Please refer to your residence hall webpage and newsletter (emailed in August) for specific move-in instructions pertinent to your residence hall.
A resident assistant (RA) will be assisting with the check-in of your room. Take the time to thoroughly inspect your room for existing damages using the room condition form as a guide. List all existing damages upon your check-in on the room condition report. Notify your RA of any room damages immediately. The listing of room damages is important, as you will be personally responsible for any damages found at the time of your check-out from the room. Sign and date the Room Check Form upon your check-in
A newsletter will be available on our website with specific details on check in, lofts, futons, bike lockers, and various other information as move-in approaches.
Fall 2015 Move-In Schedule: Coming Soon!
This pane clears float!