From the Director
Email sent to Residents on November 5, 2015
Greetings from the Department of Residence Life!
Southwest Hall and Cooper Agricultural Living Learning Center are opening their doors early for room reservation to students who will have Junior and above credit load (60 or more university credits taken after high school) status for Fall, 2016.
Southwest Hall is a very popular option, and we hope our junior and above standing students will appreciate the opportunity to secure their space ahead of the remainder of sign up happening in February.
Cooper Living Learning Center is an excellent opportunity for anyone interested in the agricultural fields, including business, agronomy, education, etc. This early sign up is only for Cooper LLC and Southwest Hall.
A $150 prepayment is required at the time of sign up to reserve your space.
Please keep reading for information on:
• Southwest Hall Sign Up
• Cooper Agricultural Living Learning Center Sign Up
• Gender Inclusive Housing of Southwest Hall Sign Up
The early Southwest Hall sign up schedule is as follows (more details will also be coming your way soon):
• November 10th, 2015: 6:00 pm to 7:00 pm (Southwest Hall Multipurpose Room)- Current Southwest Hall Resident Sign Up: same room and suitemate requests
• November 10th, 2015: 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm (Southwest Hall Multipurpose Room)- Current Southwest Hall Resident Sign Up: Current Southwest Hall residents and have roommate requests to complete a suite (four people total)
• November 10th, 2015: 9:00pm to 10:00pm (Southwest Hall Multipurpose Room)- Current Southwest Hall Resident Sign Up: different space in Southwest Hall and suitemate requests
• November 16, 2015 (ON LINE PROCESS, visit www.uwplatt.edu/residence-life and click on “Room Reservations”) Any junior and above standing student who wants to live in Southwest Hall
• Sophomore students will be able to reserve a space in Southwest Hall in February during the scheduled room sign up process, pending availability.
The early Cooper LLC sign up schedule is as follows (more details will also be coming your way soon):
• Week of November 9th, 2015: Current Cooper Resident Sign Up: current students of Cooper LLC must submit their Cooper LLC contract and $150 prepayment to the Department of Residence Life (120 Royce Hall) by Friday, November 13, 2015.
• November 16, 2015 (ON LINE PROCESS, visit www.uwplatt.edu/residence-life and click on “Room Reservations”) Any Junior and above standing student who wants to live in Cooper LLC
• Sophomore students will be able to reserve a space in Cooper LLC in February during the scheduled room sign up process, pending availability.
Gender Inclusive Housing of Southwest Hall: Students interested in living in our gender inclusive suites, meaning suites mixed by gender, must visit the Department of Residence Life to sign up for their space, beginning on November 16, 2015. In order to live in a gender inclusive suite, you must have four people that have agreed to do so to fill the suite. Students can live as they are comfortable or how they identify, by sharing space with men and women, if they desire. For example, three women could live with a man, or two women and two men could live together etc. This is not required, so if you aren't interested in this option, you do not have to sign up with a mixed gender group. We will still have single gender suites in Southwest Hall for students to choose as well. The inclusive housing option will only be available in Southwest Hall. Talk with your friends and come prepared to sign up as a group for your suite.
SPECIAL NOTE: All residence hall contracts are full academic year contracts. Once a contract is submitted electronically, it is legally binding. No cancellations of contract will be permitted unless you are no longer attending UW-Platteville. The Department of Residence Life does not offer one semester contracts, however, students participating in a university sponsored (study abroad, co-op, internship, student teaching) or military service for the spring semester of 2017 will not be held to their contract. We will be confirming your involvement to ensure compliance. Again, failure to submit the $150 prepayment at the time of sign up will not cancel your space, however, you may not receive the space you selected but may be reassigned to another based on when you submit your prepayment.
Please be watching your email for more information soon regarding room sign-up and securing a space for next year. The room reservation process for the remaining halls will be in February, and it is your responsibility to read all information presented to you so you know how to proceed.
Please do not respond to this email as it is intended for information purposes only. Questions can be directed to your Resident Assistant or Resident Director. Thank you.
Director of Residence Life
University of Wisconsin-Platteville
Achieve Excellence. Create Opportunities. Empower Individuals.