CSS to Hide Title
As part of the Student Affairs Department at UW-Platteville,the Office of Rental Resources assists students with off-campus housing related concerns and needs. Our office strives to educate students in leases, rights and responsibilities while renting, roommate communication and much more.
Students who use our services say they are better prepared to move off campus and more knowledgeable in their housing search. The place you live will be a big part of your UW-Platteville experience. Let us make it easier for you to find your perfect home!
- Learn about different types of Leases (download the Lease Signing Checklist)
- See a sample Roommate Agreement
- Download the Apartment Comparison Grid
- Move In/Move Out tips and forms
- Know your rights as a Tenant
- Get more helpful information ...
Search for a place to live - view a current list of off-campus rental properties; Roommate and Sublease listings.
ANNUAL HOUSING FAIR
The Office of Rental Resources sponsors a Housing Fair to be held in October of each year. Our fair is the easiest and most convenient way for students to start their housing search and collect a variety of information on available properties and services. If you are not sure where you’re living next semester or next year, or if you just want to learn more about preparing to move off campus you do not want to miss this event! The Housing Fair is not a place for students to go to sign leases or feel any pressure to do so. Rather, it is an opportunity to ask questions, find out information and learn more about local options.
The City of Platteville and UW-Platteville campus continue to be a target for rental scams, with college students who advertise SUBLETS frequently being targeted. Please follow these simple common-sense rules to avoid being a victim:
- Deal locally with people you can meet in person.
- DO NOT rent to someone who wants to take the apartment without viewing it in person first.
- Fake cashier checks and money orders are common. Banks will cash them and then hold you responsible when the fraud is discovered weeks later.
- Never give out financial information.
Please click here for more information on Rental Scams.
Click here for EXAMPLES OF FREQUENT SCAM EMAILS.